01. What is perfume layering?
02. Perfume: the different kinds of layering
03. Our advice for successful layering
Do you dream of being able to wear a unique fragrance, despite not having the budget for a bespoke scent from a master perfumer? Good news! The layering trend is here to shake things up and we couldn’t be happier! To find out how to choose a perfume, read on to learn more about this new beauty trend you’ll love!
What is perfume layering?
Layering involves combining several fragrances to create a single scent. This combination of different scents creates a bespoke perfume and there’s no need to pay an extortionate price for a professional to do it for you. In other words, it’s all about mixing the different perfumes you already have to invent your own olfactory signature. Wearing a fragrance that no one else can wear is the ultimate dream, isn’t it?
Perfume: the different kinds of layering
In perfumery, this technique involves layering or using several cosmetic products at the same time. Body lotion or cream, shower gel, deodorant and even perfume: a range of exquisite scents create a beautifully perfumed bubble. One thing’s for sure: you’ll make quite an impression!
Middle Eastern layering
In this part of the world, layering is common among both men and women. The ultimate beauty routine in the Middle East? Applying a musky body cream before applying a fragrance with a truly unique composition called bakhoor: an oud-based perfume is mixed with another fragrance.
Our advice for successful layering
Here are our tips for successfully mixing and matching your perfumes:
- Enhance the oriental character of a perfume by adding a note of vanilla.
- Add a certain freshness to a fragrance by choosing hesperide scents with their citrus notes.
- Emphasize a note within the same olfactory family: add pure vanilla to an oriental perfume that already features vanilla, for example.
- Choose the right olfactory combinations: floral fragrances go very well with fruity scents; spicy perfumes work perfectly with vanilla accords.
- Limit yourself to two fragrances.
Accessible to all, perfume layering makes it possible to create a unique fragrance in just a few spritzes. But it’s a good idea to learn the rules before starting out! Need advice on how to choose a perfume for your personality? Follow the guide!