What does the word "banana" mean ?
Immerse yourself in a tropical and exotic olfactory universe with banana fragrances! These singular olfactory creations capture the intoxicating essence of this delicious fruit, offering us unique and unforgettable fragrances. Discover how the banana, a symbol of sweetness and indulgence, has been elevated to the status of a precious note in the perfume industry.
In the beginning…
Native to the tropical regions of Southeast Asia, the banana has a long history dating back over 10,000 years. Consumed since antiquity, it was already appreciated by the ancient Egyptians and Greeks for its sweet taste. Over time, the banana traveled across the oceans, notably thanks to Portuguese explorers who introduced it to Africa, and Spanish navigators who brought it to the Caribbean in the 15th century. Today, it is grown in many tropical regions of the world, forming an integral part of the daily diet of millions of people.
The banana, with its distinctive scent, has found its place in the world of perfumery, bringing a fruity, sweet and slightly exotic note to olfactory compositions. Its presence in fragrances brings a warm, gourmand touch, while evoking the distant lands where it is grown. Banana fragrance embodies escape and wonder, transporting our senses to sunny, sweet horizons.
DID YOU KNOW ? Bananas are technically berries! Contrary to what you might think, the banana is actually a berry, according to botanical classification. This makes them one of the largest edible berries in the world.
Bananas are widely grown in tropical regions around the world. These giant herbaceous plants belong to the Musaceae family and are mainly grown for their edible fruit. Banana planting requires a warm, humid climate and well-drained soil. Banana plants generally grow in clusters, called "hands", on thick, herbaceous stems. The plant requires regular care, including fertilization, irrigation and protection against pests and diseases.
Banana development is relatively rapid, and once a plant has borne fruit, it usually dies, but new shoots develop to take its place. Bananas are harvested when the fruit is ripe. The bunches are cut and harvested, then the bananas are sorted and packed for shipment to local or international markets.
What do you know about banana in perfumery ?
In perfumery, bananas are used to create fruity, gourmand accords. Banana is often used as a heart note in perfumes, bringing a bewitching warmth to the overall composition. It blends perfectly with other fruity notes, such as mango, pineapple or peach, to create vibrant, exotic fragrances. It can also be combined with floral notes such as jasmine or frangipani to add a touch of femininity and elegance to the fragrance.
INTERESTING FACT !
Aside from its use in perfumery, the banana is a fruit with multiple benefits. Rich in vitamins such as B6 and C, minerals such as potassium and magnesium, and fiber, the banana is an excellent snack for recharging the batteries and promoting the proper functioning of the nervous and muscular systems. What's more, it's renowned for its soothing properties on the stomach in the event of heartburn or ulcers, thanks to its soluble fiber content, which benefits the digestive system. Bananas are also prized in skin care for their moisturizing and softening properties. Using its pulp as a mask or body care product lets you enjoy its radiant softness, and its vitamin A helps protect the skin from free radicals and prevent premature skin aging. In short, the banana is a multi-faceted fruit, a precious asset both in perfumery, to enchant our senses with its exotic fragrance, and outside, in our daily lives, to provide us with its nutritive and cosmetic benefits.
UNUSUAL FACT ! Bananas glow in the dark: If you place a banana under ultraviolet light, it will emit a blue, almost fluorescent glow. This is due to the presence of natural substances in the banana peel that react to UV light.
Some popular banana perfumes
• Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Banane Eau de Toilette: Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Banane is an exotic, gourmand fragrance from Comptoir Sud Pacifique that skilfully blends the sweetness of banana with the warm, bewitching notes of vanilla. The result is an irresistibly sweet fragrance, reminiscent of a delicious tropical dessert.
• Demeter Fragrance Library - Banana Flambee: Demeter is renowned for fragrances that capture familiar scents. Banana Flambee is a ripe banana fragrance with a touch of caramel, evoking a warm, delicious dessert.
• "Aurore Nomade" is a unisex fragrance from niche brand The Different Company. It was launched in 2012 and created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour. It's a spicy oriental fragrance inspired by sea voyages to exotic islands, referencing spices and tropical fruits. The fragrance opens with top notes of ylang-ylang, rum, saffron, banana and lemon, giving a spicy yet sweet first impression. Heart notes include cinnamon, geranium, clove and plum, bringing a spicier, fruitier dimension to the fragrance.Base notes include sandalwood, amber, styrax, musk and vanilla absolute, adding seductive depth and warmth to the fragrance.
• Bana Banana by L'Artisan Parfumeur: a captivating eau de parfum that honors the banana in all its exotic splendor. This bold fragrance skilfully blends notes of ripe, juicy banana with accords of spiced rum, creating an olfactory composition that is both sweet and intoxicating. "Bana Banana" evokes a sensory voyage to tropical lands, offering a unique and deliciously exotic olfactory experience.
• Moreover, Profumi Del Forte Vittoria Apuana Eau de Parfum is also another popular perfume with banana for women.